22 September, 2009

Another year? That was fast.

.
Wow! I signed something at work today, and as I filled in the date, I realized: apparently another year has gone by here at A Time of the Signs! Hard to believe, right? To tell the truth, when I started this blog, on September 22, 2007, I wasn't entirely sure that I'd have enough material to last one year, much less two. Just to refresh your memory, here's what was going on last year. And now? Now I'm happy to have friends scouting things out for me all over the country, and all over the globe. You, too, can be part of the fun - next time you see a sign, menu, or any typo that makes you chuckle - take a photo and send it to me! I'll happily post it here - the more the merrier.

Meanwhile, I'd like to let you all know (for those of you who hadn't noticed) that I've quietly started another parallel blog. It's appropriately called "I Wish I Were A Photographer." It's true, I do! As much as I enjoy finding goofy things to post here, I have to tell you - that other one is a lot easier to maintain. It's pretty much me going through the last five years' worth of cool/pretty photos that are sitting, unviewed by most, on my desktop computer, and posting the ones that I like best. If you're interested, check it out! I update it a few times a week.

But back to business. I have no intention of abandoning this blog - as long as I have things to post, I will post! First, a roundup of my ten funniest items from this past year. And now, on to today's regularly scheduled blogpost!

Our friends Aliza and Yishai moved to Israel (and to our neighborhood) recently (woo-hoo!), and somehow managed to find a funny menu right away. They found this while in Mamilla, the classy new outdoor mall in Jerusalem. Unbelievable!





Read it again, and you'll find something else - I think I read it through three times before I caught everything. I haven't been able to decide which blunder is my favorite, but I think that the "bad of green leaves" would be my son's choice. He generally finds any green leaves in his food to be bad :) Anyway, this menu is tremendously funny - thanks for thinking of me, guys!

And thanks to all of you, my loyal readers - here's to another year!

5 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Mazal tov on your blogiversary!

And RE: the menu - I like the "mashrooms", but I think the restaurant should get credit for spelling "potatoes" correctly...
:-)

Rena said...

Congrats on your 2 year milestone!

toby said...

Thanks, guys!

Just an update - I asked my dear son, and he actually agrees with Mrs. S. that the "mashrooms" is the best part - he likes the idea of mashing rooms...

Jack Steiner said...

Mazal Tov. Keep it up.

Nechama said...

Mashrooms and souces aside, it doesn't even sound appealing; more like a mismatched culinary collage.

OTOH, the Bruschetta Trio above it looks good. I rather like haloumi cheese.