12 August, 2009

Available for all your bending needs


Today I stopped in briefly to shop at one of our local grocery stores here in Efrat. Since I only needed to get a few things to make a quick salad, I planted myself into the express lane. Standing there, I saw this - a big Tupperware/Rubbermaid-type imitation box, full of other smaller ones, for only 49.95 shekel. It looked interesting - really, a perfect impulse buy. Then I looked once more at the small print, and began to smile:

Ha! I didn't even notice the remark at the bottom, until just now (click to enlarge the photo if necessary)...

8 comments:

Patti said...

First and foremost, what kind of food do you folks in Efrat eat that comes in "gas"?! I mean, I know that space is more limited there, but is it so tight that you poor people have to vaporize your foodstuffs? ;-)

And having kids will be handy when using this product. They can do the counting up to 100,000.

Otherwise, all of your "gas food" will escape!

toby said...

Patti - you know that we Israelis are very technologically advanced - it's been found that gaseous food has a lot less calories than liquid or solid :)

Mrs. S. said...

So, basically, it seems to work like a strainer - only in reverse. It keeps the gas and liquid foods in, but apparently lets the solids out...
:-)

toby said...

Mrs. S. - right...
You guys don't think the remark at the bottom is funny? I want to know how many customer complaints there were before they added that one on.

Patti said...

The bit at the bottom is funny because words that are sort of just strung together are always funny..lol.
But what is the actual purpose of this box, or set of boxes?
I am totally stumped..lol


my word verification is ems polo,
which explains all the paramedics on horses I have seen lately. ;-)

Bubby said...

I LOVE the bottom comment. That's the best part!

Jack Steiner said...

Only in Israel. ;)

toby said...

Patti - it seems to me that until they added on this remark, there were a bunch of unsatisfied customers who called up to complain that these plastic boxes weren't actually cooking their food. No?

Bubby - I'm glad we agree :)

Jack - Thanks for stopping by! I don't know if this kind of thing can be found ONLY is Israel, but yes, it's not generally too hard to find something to post ;)