03 December, 2008

Nice to know it's an international thing


Well, folks, I'm sorry I've been gone so long, but I have a good excuse - I unexpectedly (to say the least) had my appendix removed last week! The recovery-from-surgery pain has been a lot more difficult than the actual appendicitis pain, but yes, I do understand and appreciate that it was important to have done. I did try hard to find a funny sign while I was in the hospital, but the best I could find was a "what to do in case of earthquake" poster in the Emergency Room. That wasn't actually funny, just seemed like not the mostly likely emergency to prepare for in a Jerusalem hospital... Anyway, I'm going back there for a check-up on Monday, maybe I'll have more luck then.


At any rate, today is my first day of feeling a bit human, and so I thought the least I could do is to share a funny photo that my good friend Rachel found on the BBC website, here:



So, you probably don't think that's very funny. Unless you can read and understand Welsh. Turns out, the "translation" below the English means, "
I am not in the office at the moment. Send any work to be translated."

Ha! The link to the original article, again, is here - read until the end, there are other funny examples of past sign blunders!

No comments: