17 October, 2007

They're prepared for anything!

I've noticed that a lot of the fences and gates around here have advertisements for the fencing/gate company on them. Apparently the companies take a lot of pride in their work, and assume that you'll want one for yourself just as soon as you see it. Some of the signs are simple, just a name and phone number. This one I found seems pretty advanced - it even has a website!

Some of the fences have logos, or some kind of picture to help you understand just how effective they are. This one seems to be trying to convey that with their fence, you can feel as secure as if you had your own personal lion guarding the premises. That's a nice idea.

Then there's this one. It's been entertaining my family for years, and I'm glad I finally have the opportunity to share it with you. I understand that the concept was "nothing's getting through this gate," and that may be true, but come on, who are they really expecting?

Maybe we're too easily entertained, my family and I. Well, I suppose that's not a bad thing...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that shark certainly is frustrated. I guess I want that fence!

skap said...

This is probably a case of the "jump the shark" syndrome--but if it worked for "Happy Days", it can work for this place, too!

Unknown said...

You crack me up! It's great to get the benefit of your sense of humor even though we are far away.
Sharon

toby said...

Hi Sharon! I didn't know you were out there. That's a really sweet thing to say - good to know that I crack someone up :)